Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Think About This.

Here's something to think about... There are many people who are wondering what happened and they have no defenses to protecting what they worked so hard to build over their lifetimes... unfortunately they do not know how to reinvent themselves to take advantage of the great opportunities that are being created right now. Remember this... the thinking and the behavior that got you where you are today... will keep you living in the dark ages! You need to be reinventing yourself right now. You need to be thinking how you are going to learn more skills... because you need to become a bigger thinker tomorrow to go where you have never gone before because yesterday's thinking is not what's going to create your opportunities of tomorrow!

Personally, I am working longer hours on myself to learn more than I ever have at any one time in my life. We have all heard Abe Lincoln's advice... "if I have 6 hours to chop down a tree, I am going to spend 4 hours sharpening my axe." I have always believed that every hour you spend in planning or learning a new job skill that you will increase your productivity 4 fold. So my challenge to you... "how many of you are spending any time right now at home before you go to bed to increase your effectiveness?" Jim Rohn a great teacher and very successful entrepreneur say... "if you were to spend just one hour a day on becoming more knowledgeable about your craft... in 5 years, you will be in the top 1% of the people in your industry!"

I would encourage all of you to pass on anything that you are doing whether it is a best practice or even just a great thought... maybe even a good laugh... I would love to hear from you!

I am excited about 2009... more to come... "Famous"

3 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sammy Wanyonyi said...

Hey Dave, wonderful reflections and words of wisdom. Please keep blogging. I know probably your schedule is incredibly busy. But it is always nice to follow what you write. I also wish we could get together one on one since the St. Paul Prayer Breakfast. Even so it was a pleasure to share the stage with you. Your praying friend, Sammy Wanyonyi

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger matt2madrigal said...

Hello Famous Dave, I really love the way how you always tend to think outside the box. Ever since I read your book a couple years ago, my thoughts always seemed to be outside the box, just like you. But at the most scary and roughest time of my 19 year old life, I began to see visions from God and began to experience racing thoughts beyond my comprehension. These began in 2008 and these visions, or should I call them hallucinations began to control my life. During this time I read your book several more times and I felt as healthy and excited as can be. The problem was I was becoming mentally sick. I was diagnosed with severe bi-polar disorder. Until the end of 2008 school, which was once a piece of cake became hell, the medication was now controlling my life. 2009 has become a better year. I am beginning to normalize and stabalize, but the interesting thing is that I still tend to have "outside the box" thoughts all day. No more manic attacks, just a really curious brain.
Sorry to make such a long post. I wanted to leave a message for you also to ask if you remember who I am. I joined Mr. Tom Torkelson from IDEA Academy a few years back in Minnesota to work with you and others on Indian Education and Affairs.
Hopefully you are well, and hopefully you can contact me soon. My e-mail is matt2madrigal@neo.tamu.edu

 
At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

感謝分享~希望有更多的好文章分享給大家..................................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home